Price Tag: $549.00 (less than some purses)
Reasons to buy:
- The magazine is reversible, which is a major benefit for consumers looking for flexibility with their clips.
- Accuracy is one of the key factors buyers look for, which makes a lot of sense; you don’t want to spend money on a weapon that isn’t going to do its job.
- This handgun comes equipped with a compound spring assembly, which makes for cleaner and more efficient firing (the last thing you need to worry about when choosing a gun is a jam).
- Some buyers have complained about the grip being a bit on the small size. However, as women, most of us should not have to worry about this. We should take a moment of admiration, because ladies, this Glock is for us.
- A more serious issue, but not one that has occurred across the board, this handgun has been known to malfunction on recoil by not setting back. With the compound spring assembly, however, we can expect fewer issues like this than previous generations. Hopefully Glock will fix this problem with future models.
The Glock 26 Gen-4 is a very good weapon to buy. Glock is a renowned gun manufacturer, and they sure haven’t gone wrong with this piece. Choosing a handgun is like choosing a purse, it just has to fit its owner’s needs. It seems Glock listened to previous complaints, because with the Gen-4, they performed a lot of cosmetic work. From a smaller grip (to accommodate smaller hands) to a shorter back strap and reversible magazine (things that just make a difference), the Gen-4 is more stylish and better looking than ever.
The famous phrase “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” really does apply to the Glock 26 Gen 4. Other than revisions to the guide rod size and recoil spring assembly, Glock knows when to keep things simple and functional. A lack of changes in this area signals a quality build, which means everything in the world of gun safety. The handgrip has changed to a smaller style, but for many women this is an advantage. The Gen 4 might become dominated by women, which in this society is not a bad thing, am I right???
An accurate and compact, stylish piece, the Glock 26 Gen 4 might be right up your alley, unless of course you prefer a larger grip like its predecessor. On the downside, this gun has been known to malfunction of the recoil not setting back on occasion, but this issue is not prevalent enough to raise concern for a recall. At a very affordable and price, and this handgun will make any 1st time owner very pleased with their purchase. Providing enough bang for the buck (no pun intended), even previous Glock owners will be pleasantly surprised with the revisions of the Gen-4. Go ahead ladies. If you are looking for a reliable piece, you won’t go wrong with this one.