Price Tag: $699.00
Reasons to buy:
- This gun does not weigh much, making for an easy piece to carry
- Small and compact (hence it’s name), you don’t need a bulky Coach purse to bring this piece with you.
- Interchangeable clips allow greater flexibility. Depending on how much heat you want to pack, you have the option of a 13 or 20 round clip.
Some users report having their finger pinched on occasion when rushing to insert a magazine into the handgun.
If you are looking for a reliable handgun that won’t break the bank, then the Springfield XDm Compact is the perfect pistol for many people. With a total length of only 7” and a barrel length of a mere 3.5”, you can rest assured that this baby will fit nicely in your purse. The manufacturer understands that gun owners want enough bullets, so even though it is small in design, magazines holding 13 or 20 rounds of 9mm are available.
Price Tag: $549.00 (less than some purses)
Reasons to buy:
- The magazine is reversible, which is a major benefit for consumers looking for flexibility with their clips.
- Accuracy is one of the key factors buyers look for, which makes a lot of sense; you don’t want to spend money on a weapon that isn’t going to do its job.
- This handgun comes equipped with a compound spring assembly, which makes for cleaner and more efficient firing (the last thing you need to worry about when choosing a gun is a jam).
- Some buyers have complained about the grip being a bit on the small size. However, as women, most of us should not have to worry about this. We should take a moment of admiration, because ladies, this Glock is for us.
- A more serious issue, but not one that has occurred across the board, this handgun has been known to malfunction on recoil by not setting back. With the compound spring assembly, however, we can expect fewer issues like this than previous generations. Hopefully Glock will fix this problem with future models.
The Glock 26 Gen-4 is a very good weapon to buy. Glock is a renowned gun manufacturer, and they sure haven’t gone wrong with this piece. Choosing a handgun is like choosing a purse, it just has to fit its owner’s needs. It seems Glock listened to previous complaints, because with the Gen-4, they performed a lot of cosmetic work. From a smaller grip (to accommodate smaller hands) to a shorter back strap and reversible magazine (things that just make a difference), the Gen-4 is more stylish and better looking than ever.
Price Tag: $719.00
Reasons to buy:
- This gun is lightweight, which is a key feature gun owners look for when choosing a compact handgun.
- Are you a righty or a lefty? It doesn’t matter with this pistol; Smith & Wesson makes it easy for you to handle this one no matter which hand you use to shoot with.
- Dis-assembly and cleaning is a breeze with the M&P Compact-1. Impress your friends and your man with your expert level skills. Teach the men in the room a thing or two about handling their gun (maybe plural???).
- As is to be expected with this brand, you need not worry about the guns ability to put the bullets where you aim them. Accuracy is critical when choosing a gun to buy; you can rest easy knowing this gun is accurate.
- Nothing sets your mind at ease like a lifetime warranty; Smith & Wesson knows how to back their products.
- One downside to the M&P is that it requires tools for cleaning. Other guns, like the Glock, does not require tools. This is a minor complaint, it does make the gun a bit more complicated to maintain.
The Smith & Wesson M&P Compact-1 is a very solid choice for new or current gun owners. Due to the large availability of guns in the market, especially from this carrier, you can buy in confidence with the M&P Compact-1. The 9 millimeter size is best for women, and the customizable grip is an added benefit when purchasing this weapon. With a total length of 6.7”, 3.5” comprised by the barrel, there is no questioning whether this handgun will fit in your purse.